Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Moving on... or back as it were

I finally finished my 2nd MS in my 3 novella series. I have one more, which is actually the ‘first’ one I wrote and put under the bed cuz I didn’t like it. I’m finally feeling like I can go overhaul it but what a job it’s going to be! I keep telling myself not to be intimidated. It’ll be FUN! …And I think so, but I won’t know until I get into it this week. And I’m doing war with the procrastination monster. So wish me luck!

I’ve identified some of the problems:
There isn’t enough sexual tension and conflict, and not enough connection to keep them going- basically while the backbone is good it is BORING. When I wrote it, it was a time in my life where I was afraid of conflict and things going wrong so, while I know conflict drives story, it’s very vanilla. So I want to preserve a little bit but change a whole lot. I’m a little bit intimidated, to be honest, but excited too. My goal is to get it done in 2 months – a little ambitious for me, but I’m still going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment